Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our Wedding

It still feels like our wedding was yesterday, but it was actually back in December. I guess momentous days like that just stick with ya like that. And all the planning it took was so worth it, so I just have to share! I knew what colors and theme I wanted long before we were even engaged! But I think it's safe to say I'm not the only girl that's done that! Red has always been my favorite color and I knew I wanted to incorporate it into our colors, but I didn't want it to turn into Christmas colors. And then I saw it with turquoise and I just knew that's what I wanted. It was something I'd never seen done for a wedding before and I could still embrace some Christmas (it was inevitable) with the red.

Banner designed by Frog Prince Paperie
"How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)" was our theme because nothing is sweeter than being loved by the one you love! It was also very fitting though because I have a major sweet tooth. I mean, I LOVE my sweets.  And as a result, I just had to have a fun candy table with our rock candy wedding cake and cupcakes!

We wanted to keep the cake simple, so we did vanilla cake with red and turquoise sprinkles inside and topped it off with the crunch of some rock candy.

The reception took place in my parent's home/backyard (thanks to outdoor heaters!) and it turned out beautifully. Incorporating the Christmas season with our wedding played to our advantage - I mean, look at those twinkling lights and fresh pine wreath!


Having the tree decorated with presents and lollipops made our Christmas tree look better than ever. But to my little sister's dismay, it also meant that the tree wasn't going to be decorated with our traditional ornaments this year!

I thought it was going to be difficult, decoration wise, to have the reception in my parent's house but with just a few adjustments it worked out great!


But none of this decoration goodness could have been possible without these two women, my Mom and my sister-in-law. They interpreted my ideas (I was states away during the wedding planning process) and just soared with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment